I did in fact wake up this morning, so I have now lived half of a century.
In anticipation of this somewhat arbitrary milestone I earlier decided to consciously focus on 3 parts of my life and if I don't set actual goals at least try to track my progress as I pursue these interest.
1. Practice Aikido
2. Make a 2D computer animation short
3. Learn Spanish with Spanish Language software
1. I have been practicing Aikido for not quite 1 and 1/2 years and passed my first test (5th Kyu). I am NOT a natural and I think in my 50 years I've become a little uptight and have a problem relaxing. Being relaxed is important to Aikido techniques so that is a struggle
2. After my disappointment with Toon Boom Studio Express I purchased Anime Studio Pro and so far I think it is the application that matches my animation goals and skills. But it will be a long haul and I can only hope that in less than a year I will have the video on YouTube that I now see in my head.
3. I've studied Spanish a bit before over the last 30 years and even spent 2 months in a language school in Mexico. but that was over 25 years ago and IF I had really used Spanish back in 1990 when I returned to Texas, I might have actually developed some ability.
But I did not and now I am practically back to "square one". (I wonder what the Spanish equivalent to that is?)
I spent the money and purchased Level 1 and 2 of Rosseta Stone Spanish Latin America Edition.
I don't know it that was a wise decision, but I do know I don't have to the time to take classes.
I hope to use this blog to motivate myself and not simply sit back and drink wonderful cheap wine and watch TV for the next 25 years.