- You and I are not separate.
- My (and your) personality is not you, not me, it is a collection of attributes, but it is not you, not me.
- The not you/not me is just now.
- Just this moment that is still now. There is no past or future, there is only now. Only not separateness.
- But we just don’t realize it.
- By our very existence we only live now. All of us living now, together in this present NOW.
From this basic misunderstanding comes rating these created differences.
By assigning values to everything, then we can then DE-value those that are not like our pasted on personalities.
Once we have valued everything, then we can desire attributes and objects and things of all variety.
And from desire we learn cruelty, suffering, envy and all that stuff.
Although conjured out of fictional separateness the pain and suffering is real.
A monk asked Joshu, a Chinese Zen master: "Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?"
Joshu answered: "Mu."
The dog and me and you are not separate.
Buddha nature is not “having”