9/21/2012

Bolsey B2


Today I tested a much higher quality camera that the previous examples. I found this Bolsey B2 in a closet from the in-laws house which we are slowing cleaning out. I think he got it while in the army during the Korean war. A 35mm with a rangefinder for distance and adjustable aperture and shutter speed. So compared to what I have been playing with it is a huge advancement.
These are still digitally manipulated images obtained by taking a digital picture of the developed negative. I am waiting for a new safe-light since I think the found orange bulb affected my prints I worked on last week.


The Bolsey B2 is the successor of the model B, made from 1949 to 1956 with double exposure prevention. It is engraved MODEL B2 on the front. The shutter is synchronized and marked Synchro Matic with a red lightning painted on each side. Minimal aperture is 22 instead of 16.
More photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/108355303090029404900/BolseyB2#

No comments: