11/23/2009

3rd Kyu...it's alright!


It's all strange.

In one sense I probably have more to say about Aikido than ever yet I never seem to get around to posting these thoughts on the blog.

Maybe it is just poor time management and when I have the time to write I'm just too tired...or too lazy.

Highlights
I took my 3rd Kyu test last Saturday and I was “mostly” prepared but I stumbled a bit in a few parts and thankfully by my turn we were pressed for time and I think Sensei didn't have me touch each move on the list. Of course he saw me going through each technique before class so he actually did see me do everything.

There is a real ebb and flow of membership I've noticed in the 3 ½ years I've been practicing but it it getting pretty light now but one of the good parts is that Sensei gets to know your practice really well. So that may have helped with my testing.

3 comments:

uchi deshi said...

Congratulations on the 3d kyu!! It's the first "big" test. I also think that if you can get to 3d kyu, you can get to shodan! It's definitely shows that you have the necessary dedication and discipline!! Good job!

ZeppoManx said...

Gracias for the congrats.

The thought of testing beyond 3rd is pretty daunting.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!