3/11/2010

Turning



Wednesday we started with Tai No Henko (0r is that Tai No Henka?), anyway I started off with Sensei and I finally noticed he was responding differently after the tenkan as he returned to the starting position. It had never come up before. Usually each participant focuses on the turn
(tenkan) and then ending with the right stance. I could feel a difference but could not figure out what was happening.

I tried to mimic but finally had to ask how you go back to start again. And I think he said you respond to the grip uke has and ultimately I suppose it mirrors the first half except in reverse. But the thing is that we have done that may times and I have done it at other dojos when I traveled but nobody ever point out that there might be something after yo think you are finished.

Another lesson is that the technique is never really finished, as one technique simply blends into another

No comments: