12/16/2012

A Very Fine Cat Indeed!!

The Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to FlyThe Story of a Seagull and the Cat Who Taught Her to Fly by Luis Sepúlveda


I know it is just a fable, an allegory or something. A message with a moral, but it felt like something more.

I know I am sentimental. I gush over kittens and puppies, not so much human babies since they remind me too much of adult humans. Anyway, now I have to admit I am a hopeless sucker for this kind of story.

A cat that immediately accepts a wounded Seagull as a friend, indeed, perhaps BECAUSE she was in need the cat felt morally obligated to act. And his cat friends all respond in kind honoring their cat code of behavior to fulfill a fellow cats commitment. And what fine fellows they all are!

Of course from a realistic view it is all ludicrous, cats helping dying birds, raising, caring, loving baby seagulls, none of it could happen (duh! You say). And the day is saved by a poet!! But I loved it all. And I am not sure why I bought it so completely, after all it is a slim story and if I count there are not a lot of details. But it seemed to be just right and I accepted it all.

Bottom line...I cried at the end, and loved it.



View all my reviews

No comments: