3/06/2012

Motorcycle Rides

I took quick motorcycle trip to Houston and left Sunday to return on Monday. A very fine trip, beautiful views. And thanks to a Skeptical Walrus who lead me through Sam Houston National Forest.

On Monday I rode back to Dallas and stayed off the Interstate a bit and along the way I stopped by the giant Sam Houston statue near Huntsville, TX. I've driven by that thing for 30 years and this is the first time I stopped. Strangely it looked less creepy when viewed close up.

I don't know what the story behind is but there is giant face of Sam Houston in front of some concrete steps, and I thought it really looked like something from a Doctor Who episode.

Plus I now know there are a bunch of stray cats wandering around that the Visitor Center

1 comment:

Bob said...

Looks like a great ride! Super cool!