4/08/2010

A Spill By The Spillway

The new and better part of the bike trail at White Rock Lake opened this morning and you can see the result for me in the picture above.

the thing is for many years you came down the path toward the spillway, across the bridge and then I would aim straight for the road. BUT now it turns out you make the same route but there is now there is a brand new curb between you and the street. I didn't see that in the pre-dawn light and while I didn't hit the curb straight on it flipped me onto the street.

I think the wheel is OK and just twisted the handlebars out of line since I wrenched it back in place and finished the ride without noticing any difference.


Below is the view of the spillway from a few years ago

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you did some nice ukemi when you went over the bars.

Glad you are OK.

ZeppoManx said...

I'd like to think I use some "Good Ukemi" when I fell, and I noticed I kept my arm curved when I hit the ground. In fact I was pretty proud of myself when it happened, thinking I didn't block or resist the fall.....then I got home and saw I scrapped my knew pretty good.