5/12/2008

“Please show me your papers.”


Tonight a few of us got our Certificates for passing our tests. For any doubters here is my paper. Not as powerful as the documents that drove the plot of Casablanca, but it is nice to have something tangible.

This past weekend I missed Aikdo to visit my parents in Houston. I stayed alone at my sister's house and Saturday I was forced to spend the afternoon drinking wine, reading Manga, listing to music I saved on my laptop, eating bree and later chocolate, all the while cleaning up my ancient motorcross boots while periodically swimming in their pool.

A strange but nice time.

4 comments:

Scott Zrubek said...

There's probably a dojo nearby the next time you have to visit Houston.

Scott Zrubek said...

And congrats on the paper!

Anonymous said...

You sir, are a hedonist. you realize that don't you?

Good seeing you at practice last night.

ZeppoManx said...

I argue I'm more of an Epicurean-ist. The connotations for hedonism are outside of the envelope I am currently pushing.

To quote Wikipedia...
"Epicurus believed that the greatest good was to seek modest pleasures in order to attain a state of tranquility and freedom from fear (ataraxia) as well as absence of bodily pain (aponia) through knowledge of the workings of the world and the limits of our desires. "